;

Thursday, April 17, 2014

While I was also standing there and waiting for the hesitant mother


About traveler blog I'm always traveling, brewing traveling, going somewhere between all the yesterdays's remember act and look forward to tomorrow ... And sometimes, just sometimes, in transit between somewhere and nowhere for a while ... :)
Today was the first day of the new school year here in Korea. Hundreds Sub A'tjies / 1 's act degree or shin-ib-seng's' (as they are called in Korean) was after all the years of waiting finally the aisle afhol 'big school'. As during my last two years here, we're going to recruitment / marketing do for GNB (my school / college). For as with any other business, we have private academy "being indeed a business and 'shin-ib-seng's' the best candidates to recruit (my favorite) there's the potential of years' teaching 'ahead. act
The first day here, is somewhat different than what we know. In SA, most grade 1 's also very excited while moms wine but often an old traanjie pick and dads should hand out handkerchiefs. I remember my first day like it was yesterday. My blue school uniform of Primary Park, Mossel Bay, my brand new shiny polished shoes and my new blue bag full of coloring pencils and stationery, all that a degree 1'tjie excited could make. I remember the whole picture parade act of school, which I beseech chuffed paraded with my big bag on my back.
Today I could not help like a vulture to feel, because seeing as the Korean mothers with their children (and sometimes even father and little brother or sister, grandparents) hot on their heels arrived, so there they pounced at the school's main entrance. All a private tertiary institute of Mathematics, Geography, Korean, Taekwondo and English prop the mother's hands full of bags, all that a 'goodie' in it. From mouse pads' calendars, brochures and notebooks for small brother or sister's homework to small globes and handfuls stokkieslekkers ... all in an attempt to attract newcomers. And then on this first, in case intimidating day, come hit the moms also have a strange 'waygook' (foreigner) act to. At times I would actually laugh if they so surprised me in disbelief when I stare with wide glimlig and my best teacher my face, "An-Yeong-ha-se-yo GNB hag-won im-ni- da "rhyme pretty flawless raised. The translation in Afrikaans, "Good day, we are of GNB Academy."
In most cases the children are just miles ahead of aangehol act mother and the mother's act proper trot to keep up. Nowhere, however, is a sign of a tear to any parent's act face to be seen, it looks just like just another day ... In many cases, I could not help even a kind of relief on the faces of moms on marking. Look, if this wine now or only the last child, does this mean that the tired mum from now finally have a little act time for herself will have morning. And since so many of the moms here housewives must be a little 'me-time' without screaming, jeering children in an apartment growing up without a backyard or garden, act where one of their occasional can chase, and after whom you 24/7 should pick up and carry indeed be something to look forward to.
While I was also standing there and waiting for the hesitant mother's hands stuffing -, hoping I was just as quietly that even this morning, going 'big school', this special day a fuss and that little brother of Jesus at least somewhere on a screenshot captured for one day's nice to look back and remember.
Newer Entry
Search for: Recent Posts Goodbye Korea (My kiddies' act Christmas wishes :) The recipe for 60 golden years of togetherness ... Over just do nothing ... If the shoe fits ... Archives act December 2012 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 Categories Uncategorized Meta Register Log in Entries RSS Comments RSS WordPress.com
% D bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment