;

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Living here at the Garden Island of Hawaii is like living in paradise. This is one of the most wishe


About Us Contact Us Alohagems Blog Contact on Facebook Contact education city on Twitter Contact on Myspace Money Makers Residual education city Income Non-Residual Income Stats 2011 2010 2009 2008 Contest Crafts Origami Alphabet Sewing Gallery Mathematics Shopping Posters More CNA Immigration Scholarships on eHow on Squidoo
Living here at the Garden Island of Hawaii is like living in paradise. This is one of the most wished for places in the whole world to visit and live. But I am returning to the Land of Promise... Find out why.....
About Me I am just an ordinary woman like anyone else. My late mother was a plain housekeeper, my father was a school driver and I am the eldest among 10 siblings. My family is like a "pamilyang banal" but the meaning of that phrase does not matter. We are one of the "craziest" families in the Philippines. We had hard times while growing up. My father was a drunkard and he scared most of us to the point that we did not like to stay or live in our own house. Out of 10 siblings, only the youngest stayed there.  We lived in our late Aunt's house nearby and we were very lucky to have them for support.
Background With the help of my grandfather, uncle and father, I was able to finish my Bachelors Degree in Secondary Education (Mathematics). I started teaching at an elementary school in a far flung area in Davao Oriental. education city I needed to spend the whole day of traveling (from tricycle, bus, jeep, motorcycle and by foot) and sometimes crossed a river with flood riding on the back of a carabao education city in order to reach my destination.There, I experienced another kind of culture, lifestyles, language and the place was a critical area. I could still remember my first night, there were fights that led to two deaths due to political rivalries education city . That was a good intro for me to stay longer in that place (kidding). As time passes by, I learned to love the community. And I did my best to teach their kids in so many ways.
There was an opportunity for me to teach High School education city in my home town, I applied and got the job. I was still an ordinary teacher there doing the same kind of routine every day. After few years, I changed. I wanna be even more helpful and to contribute something for education in our country. I applied for a scholarship education city in Japan. I was lucky enough to be one of the recipients of the Monbukagakusho Scholarship program under teacher training category. I was on study leave with pay plus I received a monthly stipend of almost $2k during my time. That was a big help! I was able to send my siblings to college, I sent money to family,I saved a little bit and the most important thing was to learn great things that I could share to my fellow teachers back in the Philippines. When my contract ended, I went back to the same school where I used to teach and served my country as part of the contract that we signed for . Some of my fellow scholars settled in Japan, some got a job while others become illegal aliens. It was also during those times that I got my Masters Degree in Teaching Mathematics. My Contributions I was a regional Mathematics trainer for teachers. education city I shared what I learned in Japan that can be applied in our educational system.  One of the  pioneer technology mentors/coaches in Integrating Information and Communication Technology in education when I won as one of the First Innovative education city Teachers Leadership Awards from Partners in Learning a Program of Microsoft Philippines.  We were  trained to mentor teachers education city from school, education city division, regional level and I also joined the national team. The school where I was teaching, benefited from my diligence and resourcefulness: I was able to help them received  grants for additional computers, ICT learning center, Internet access and more trainings for Digital Literacy and ICT integration. I am not really education city good in computer and  technology, it so happened that I was the first one  to participate to those kind of opportunities (nauna lang ng konti). Magagaling mga kasama ko sa school and mas expert pa kaysa akin.
It's time to get married.....   and move to United education city States of America. Life in America is not that easy. Most of us Asians assumed that it is like heaven here and the answers to all our needs. That is partly true. Would believed that there are so many homeless living here? There are also beggars especially in the mainland U.S. Some lived in tents, public beaches, etc. The jobless rates are increasing rapidly. "Not all pastures are green." My Educational credentials were evaluated and it's equivalent to the United States (both Bachelors and Masters degree). I don't have to worry about taking additional classes. But every State has its own guidelines and law. If we lived in the mainland U.S., it might be easy for me to teach with a Philippine teachers' license. In order to become a certified teacher here, you need to take 2 Praxis Exams and apply for a license. Mathematics, Special Educ

No comments:

Post a Comment